The new Lagoon 630 Motor Yacht :
blue water cruising in complete tranquility
Many pleasure boaters want to broaden their horizons and dream of a Motor Yacht with a large cruising range and a good performance, while offering great comfort and a sense of complete safety.
Together with naval architects VPLP (Van Peteghem-Lauriot Prévost) and the Nauta Design studio, the Lagoon teams studied the question and came to the conclusion that the best solution would be to adapt the efficient hull shapes of the Lagoon 630, world best seller in its category and recognized for its outstanding sea going qualities.
The Lagoon 630 Motor Yacht
idea was born, and the prototype boat should be launched next spring, while the first production boats should be available for delivery late autumn 2014.
- The underwater hulls have been modified in their after part so as to maintain a small longitudinal trim incidence for the Lagoon 630 Motor Yacht at a 16 Kn. speed and a reduced wake behind the boat at that same speed. That solution has been retained to guarantee fuel efficiency and comfort under way.
- The keels have been re-designed for easy maneuvering and to reduce water turbulences. Also, the rudders depth has been reduced.
- A 12 Kn. cruising speed (16 Kn. maximum speed) will be obtained easily with 2 Volvo D4-260 (260 HP) engines.
- If you are considering really long distance cruises, the excellent fuel efficiency and diesel tanks of 3000 l total capacity will allow the Lagoon 630 Motor Yacht to take you very far away, easily.
- If her deck basically remains unchanged, the Lagoon 630 Motor Yacht’s flybridge is totally new: re-designed steering positions, large folding dining table to starboard, bar area, superb sunbathing area forward…and a Bimini / hard top with a double sunroof, and of course, an optional Jacuzzi.
- The Lagoon 630’s worldwide success is certainly also due in great part to its outstanding inside comfort and the various possibilities it offers (lateral or central galley, 4, 5 or up to 6 double cabins…). There again, no reason to change anything for the Motor Yacht version.
- In the saloon, only the chart table has been modified to ensure a perfect adaptation of the Lagoon 630 to its new career as a Motor Yacht.
- Length overall................19,35 m / 63’6’’
- Length waterline....…....18,65 m / 61’2’’
- Overall beam..................10.00 m / 32’10’’
- Fresh water capacity......960 l / 254 US Gal.
- Fuel capacity....................3000 l / 793 US Gal.
- Standard engines...........2 x 260 hp
- Optional engines ……...2 x 300 HP
- Naval architects..............VPLP
- Interior design.................Nauta Design
Lagoon 630 Motor Yacht:
a new approach to Motor Yacht cruising